This will depend on whether you will be classed as employee under Jobkeeper or a Business Participant under JobKeeper
If you have employed your staff for more than 12 months your may be able to apply for JobKeeper but only if you GST turnover has reduced by 30% for a business with turnover under $1 Billion in a comparable period, or non profits organisations with turnover that has reduced by 15% in a comparable period
There is a lot of confusion about this. So if you need help to get this setup please call our office and we will help you but you must act now
As a jobkeeper employer you must have your jobkeeper nomination forms signed off by all your employees that are eligible. You cannot pick and choose who you want on this program. Eligible employees are those that have been employed by you the employer for 12 months or more.
Self Employed individuals(businesses without employees) will be eligible to receive the JobKeeper Payment where they meet the relevant turnover test outlined above.
Eligible Employees are employees who:
– are currently employed by the eligible emplolyer (including those stood down or re-hired
– were employed by the employer by 1 March 2020
– are full-time, part-time, or long-term casuals (a casual employed on a regular and systemic basis for longer than 12 Months as at 1 March 2020)
– are permanent employee of the employer, or if a long-term casual employee, not a permanent employee of any other employer
– are at least 16 years of age at 1 march 2020
– are an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder at 1 March 2020;
– were a resident for Australian tax purposes on 1 March 2020; and
– are not in receipt of a Jobkeeper Payment from another employer.